MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Friday, October 9, 2026

Salmon Loaf

When my brother, Craig, Scott and I were were having dinner together the other day, we got on the topic of a meal that our mom would often fix - salmon loaf.  Craig and I couldn't remember that last time we had it, but we remembered having it often as kids.  

A few days later, Craig sent me this photo of our mom's recipe card that I'm sure he found in her recipe file box. (Remember those?) What a treasure it is to have it in her handwriting.  It looks like she added a microwave version of how to fix it after microwaves were introduced into our lives.

Salmon Loaf

1 can salmon (juice included)
1 small onion cut fine
2 eggs
18-20 soda crackers crumbled fine
2 tablespoons margarine

Mix together well with a fork.
Put in greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 * about 45 minutes.


I am grateful for my mom who served home cooked meals for our family as we gathered around our dinner table each night.  

No comments: