- 1 package (4 -serving size) Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, (not drained)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
Stir the pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired. Makes 8 servings.
Rachel made this the other day. She got the recipe off the Internet. The Internet source said it is a recipe from a Jell-O cookbook. I wouldn't add the nuts and I would also use 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with powdered sugar and a dash of vanilla, instead of the Cool Whip Topping. Even though it is called a salad, I would say it is more of a dessert.