MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Monday, March 23, 2009

Watergate or Pistachio Salad

  • 1 package (4 -serving size) Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie filling
  • 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, (not drained)
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping

Stir the pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired. Makes 8 servings.

Rachel made this the other day. She got the recipe off the Internet. The Internet source said it is a recipe from a Jell-O cookbook. I wouldn't add the nuts and I would also use 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with powdered sugar and a dash of vanilla, instead of the Cool Whip Topping. Even though it is called a salad, I would say it is more of a dessert.

2 comments:

Estella said...

Kathleen, I'm having so much fun reading your blog! I'm looking forward to trying some of these yummy recipes! Is the recipe for the yummy concoction we had on the hamburger buns at the church included somewhere? I forgot the name you had for them. I would love to have the recipe for them!

Kathleen said...

Estella, Check the next post. David submitted the family recipe of burger buns.