MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Friday, February 19, 2010

French Chocolate


3 *unsweetened baking chocolate squares.  
1/2 cup water

Mix together in pot and simmer 3 minutes while stirring.

Add:
1 cup sugar. Cook 3 minutes and cool

Whip 1 cup whipping cream that's been sweeten with a little powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla

Fold two mixtures together.

Use about 1 TBS + chocolate mixture per cup of hot milk. Chocolate mixture can be frozen.

This is my favorite hot chocolate recipe . When my mom's friends gave her a baby shower when she was pregnant with my youngest brother, they served this drink. (He was born in November). When it's cold outside, this is the drink to serve. I always make at least one batch of this during the Christmas holiday season.

(If you don't have unsweetened baking chocolate squares you  can do this for a substitution.  I used butter instead of shortening)

No comments: