MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waldorf Salad


chopped apples - to taste
chopped celery - to taste
drained crushed pineapple - to taste
*strawberry poppy seed dressing - to taste

Mix everything together.

We have been eating this salad a lot lately as a side dish for dinner. It is easy to make and tastes so good. I usually have some poppy seed dressing already made up in my fridge. I also have lots of canned crushed pineapple on hand in my cupboards.

Below is a picture of my chop wizard (In the picture it is chopping a red pepper. Don't get confused. There is no red pepper in this recipe. I just used this picture for another post.) I quarter and de-seed the apples and chop them using the chop wizard. I also use the chop wizard to chop my celery. As I said in a previous post, I use my chop wizard a lot. I got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.


*Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing

2 C Mayonnaise
1/3 C half and half (if I don't have half and half, I just use milk)
2/3 C sugar
3-4 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3-4 tablespoons strawberry jam
A few drops of red food coloring

No comments: