MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Friday, February 17, 2012

Layered Hamburger Bake....

...(or "Suzanne's Casserole" since I got it from my college roommate, Suzanne)

6 oz. medium noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. garlic salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, cooked & drained
cheddar cheese

Cook noodles. Brown hamburger & onion. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, garlic, pepper & cooked noodles,; set aside. Stir together cream cheese, sour cream & milk. In 12 x 7 1/2" baking dish layer half the beef-noodle mixture, half the cream cheese mixture, all the spinach,and remaining ground beef mixture. Bake uncovered, in 350 degree oven, about 30 minutes. Uncover, spread remaining cream cheese, sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 10 more minutes.

The above is the actual recipe that I got from Suzanne. I use a little more noodles and 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce. I use a 9x13 pan. I layer everything, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Also, I don't just drain the spinach,I literally squeeze the liquid from the spinach. ~April

April Steimle sent me this recipe after she served it at the dinner we attended together. It was sooo good. After reading what was in the recipe I know why it was so good.....sour cream and cream cheese. Yum!

No comments: