Note: These cookies should bake up puffy not flat. If your cookies are flattening, try adding another tablespoon or two of flour to the dough (up to 1/4 cup if needed). Also, the orange extract is optional but really enhances the orange flavor of the cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (from 1-2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, silpat liners or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, orange extract and orange zest until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and white chocolate chips, mixing until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges, taking care not to overbake. The cookies should be rounded and full, not flattened. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.