MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Let's Talk Turkey

 Do you want a stress-free Thanksgiving Day?  Read on......

I remember a Thanksgiving 30+ years ago.  Scott's sister and their family pulled up as I was taking our Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven.  As I went to carve the meat, a bunch of pink juice came out from the pink meat.  Obviously, the meat wasn't done.  Back into the oven the turkey went, and we ate our meal quite a bit later. 

Fast forward 30+ years and what I've learned from that Thanksgiving Day Disaster. 

The answer to the question:  Do you want a stress-free Thanksgiving Day?  Cook your turkey a day or two before Thanksgiving.  These are pictures of Scott and I yesterday (two days before Thanksgiving).  

I'll let the pictures do the talking.




Pour chicken broth over the turkey, then cover the pan with tin foil, and into the fridge it goes until Thanksgiving day.  Warm it in the oven just before your holiday feast.  
Now the best part...Enjoy your clean kitchen Thanksgiving morning.   
....that is until you start making the potatoes, stuffing, etc. 

No comments: