MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Monday, February 9, 2009

Canola Butter or Olive Butter


2 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c canola oil or olive oil

Whip butter with electric mixer. Add and beat canola oil or olive oil. Pour into container and refrigerate until hardened. Keep refrigerated.

I use this as a healthy spread for my quick breads such as biscuits, waffles and muffins. Also to butter my vegetables. Use anywhere you would use butter or margarine. Works well in most recipes that call for butter, margarine or Smart Balance spread.

I got the above recipe off the internet. My mom first told me about this "canola butter". She makes it with one part butter, one part canola oil. I use one part butter 1/2 part canola oil. I put the finished product in 5 1/2 oz cups with a lid that I get at Smart 'N Final.

1 comment:

Purple Echo said...

That is a great idea! I sometimes buy the butter/canola blend, but it costs more than regular butter. Thanks for the tip!

Shauna