Home remedy for constipation
DOSE: 1 – 2 tablespoons per day
1 lb raisins
1 lb prunes
1 lb figs
4 ounces Senna tea (herbal tea – caffeine free - look for it in your health food store)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1. Prepare tea – use about 2 ½ cup boiled water added to tea and steep 5 minutes
2. Strain tea to remove tea leave and add only 1 pint tea to a large pot, then add fruit
3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes
4. Remove from heat and add sugar & lemon juice. Allow to cool.
5. Use hand mixer or food processor to blend fruit mixture into smooth paste
6. Place in plastic container and place in freezer (paste will not freeze but will keep forever in freezer.)
7. Spoon out what you require each day
Enjoy eating it straight off the spoon.
Spread it on toast or add hot water and make a drink.
If the fruit paste is not working (you are not having bowel movements), then you need to increase the amount of fruit paste you are taking.
If the fruit paste makes you have very loose stools, then you need to cut down on the amount of fruit paste you are taking. Perhaps even taking it every other day in some cases.
I ran across this recipe from my past. I made this recipe a lot when I was serving as Relief Society president and was helping the older sisters in our ward. I think the best way to eat is is as a spread on their toast. Anyway, it's one of those recipies that is nice to have on hand.