MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Friday, May 21, 2010

Lunches

Click on the above newspaper and read the letter to the editor: Lunches by Mom


In case you can't read the article, this is what it says:


Lunches by Mom

The Guest View article by Trulie Ankerbery about school lunches caught my eye. (May 5) She said, “Millions of families do not have the funds to send their children to school with nutritious homemade lunches.”


I disagree with that statement.


It is possible to make nutritious homemade lunches for a minimal cost with a little time, effort, and planning. My six children are living proof of that. We don’t need another government program feeding our children their school lunches.


What we need is mothers and fathers taking care of their families.


Added Aug, 2023


In 2014 my daughter wrote an essay about, "The Power of Lunches".  Click here to go to our family blog where I posted her essay.  It was a payday for me. 

No comments: