This has to be the easiest, most delicious dessert ever.
I don't know why I don't make it every day.
Below are the ingredients you'll need and where I purchased them:
- Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers - I bought them at Albertson's in the cookie aisle
- whipping cream - any grocery store
- maraschino cherries -any grocery store, I got mine from Smart and Final
- plastic champagne cups - I purchased these cups at Smart and Final, but you could probably pick them up at a party good's store (you don't need to make the dessert in these cups - a bowl would work. Using a champagne cup presents the dessert in a beautiful way.)
- milk, to dip the chocolate wafers in
Directions and a picture explaining how to make the dessert:
- Whip the whipping cream with vanilla flavoring and powdered sugar. If you don't know how to make whipped cream from scratch click here to learn.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of whipped cream into the champagne cup
- Dip the chocolate wafer cookie for a few seconds into the milk
- Shake cookie over the milk bowl to get off excess milk
- Put cookie that was dipped in milk on the cream dollop
- For the next layer, put a heaping table spoon on top of the cookie wafer that you just placed in the champagne cup
- Repeat above process so you have three layers of cookies and then end with a dollop of cream
- Top with a drained maraschino cherry
- Put in the fridge for about 4 hours to let the cookie wafers soften
Below is the finished dessert project. Have fun licking the cream bowl!
My mother used to make this dessert for special occasions. I made 15 desserts today to serve at a dinner Scott and I will be attending tonight. 1 cup of cream, 15 chocolate waffers, and 5 maraschino makes 5 servings.