MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chicken Vegetable/Noodle Soup

Boil bones and skin from a rotisserie chicken (I like the ones from Costco best!) for about 1 hour. When cooled, remove bones and save broth in fridge overnight. Skim fat off the next day. Add chicken from the day before, vegetables, caned tomatoes, salsa, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, Mrs. Dash seasoning, bay leaves, barley, noodles, or what ever else or what ever combination your family would like in your “homemade soup.” Boil until vegetables are tender. If adding noodles, add them last 10 minutes. I prefer to cook the noodles in a separate pan and then add them. You could also use canned Swanson Chicken Broth instead of making your own broth from boiling a rotisserie chicken or a whole fresh chicken.

I love making homemade soup. I feel so healthy when I eat it. And it is good for you, especially when you are sick. I learned a lot about making homemade soup from Debbie Jones.

No comments: