MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Phony Homemade Ice Cream

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1/2 gallon sherbet flavor of your choice. (We like pineapple or raspberry sherbet. Albertsons has great sherbet.)
4 ripe bananas
1 package frozen berries mixture of your choice

Soften ice cream and sherbet. Put in big bowl. Add thinly sliced bananas and frozen berries. Stir with sturdy spoon. Serve immediately. Put leftovers in a container and store in freezer for future enjoyment.

I got this recipe from my Sister-in-law, Christy. It is a delicious easy dessert for summer entertainment. I'm serving it tonight for a dinner I'm hosting for Scott's school administrators. (I mixed it up at 3:00. dinner is at 5:30. After I mixed up the "ice cream" I put it back into the sherbet and other plastic containers and put them in the freezer until we were ready to serve dessert after dinner.

No comments: