MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sloppy Joe

For meat mixture:
Brown 2 lbs ground beef with 1 cut up onion. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.

For BBQ sauce, combine in jar or bowl:
1 cup ketchup
½ cup water
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs prepared mustard
2 Tbs worcestershire sauce

This is a great meal to make when you don't know what else to make. This works for me because I always have frozen chubs of hamburger in my freezer from Costco. I'll also try to have hamburger buns in my freezer. If I don't, toasted bread or some kind of hard roll would work. I also like to add a slice of tomato and cheese to this dish if I have them on hand. You can also use any leftover meat in a recipe that calls for cooked ground beef. It will add a little BBQ flavor to your recipe.  I have also used 2 lbs of ground turkey instead of ground beef and you can't tell the difference in taste, but your pocket book will feel the difference with rising beef prices.  

6/27/2016
I went to make this recipe tonight and realized that I was out of Worcestershire sauce.  I substituted Bulls-eye BBQ sauce for the Worcestershire sauce.  My husband said I should make it this way every time!  



No comments: