MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sloppy Joe

For meat mixture:
Brown 2 lbs ground beef with 1 cut up onion. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.

For BBQ sauce, combine in jar or bowl:
1 cup ketchup
½ cup water
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs prepared mustard
2 Tbs worcestershire sauce

This is a great meal to make when you don't know what else to make. This works for me because I always have frozen chubs of hamburger in my freezer from Costco. I'll also try to have hamburger buns in my freezer. If I don't, toasted bread or some kind of hard roll would work. I also like to add a slice of tomato and cheese to this dish if I have them on hand.  I have also used 2 lbs of ground turkey instead of ground beef and you can't really tell the difference in taste, but your pocket book will feel the difference with rising beef prices.  

No comments: