NOT really an, but who would want to eat a "Chicken Nugget Scramble"? This high-protein/non-low-fat recipe was created one Saturday morning when the kids were hungry, and the expected ingredients for a normal omelet were discovered to be unavailable. After staring at the leftovers in the fridge, this was created. The breakfast became a instant success, and is frequently requested (even by mom).
- Eggs - 1 per person, plus an additional one or two.
- Chicken Nuggets - 1.5 per person. thawed
- Thinly sliced & chopped lunch ham - enough for two kid-sized sandwiches.
- Shredded Cheese, (but don't use too much) **
- 1/4 cup Milk, per 4 eggs
- Lightly beat eggs and milk in a bowl with a whisk.
- Chop up nuggets into fourths. Chop/shred the ham too.
- Thaw nuggets in microwave for 1 minute, if needed
- Lightly fry lunch ham for 1 minute in large skillet
- Add egg mixture to ham, and cook in pan until no longer runny.
- Add nuggets to eggs, cover the skillet, and allow steam to heat nuggets.
- Sprinkle cheese[s], cover for 30 seconds.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make it fancy -- Enjoy a two, three, or even a "four cheese" omelet! Use whatever cheese is in the fridge. A sprinkle of Parmesan, 1 shredded Mozzarella cheese stick, provolone, Swiss are favorites. And then you have your ENTIRE cheddar family. Allow the family to guess the cheeses used. The NorCal-Mag record is a "five-cheese chicken nugget omelet".
- Remember, sometimes less is more. Don't overload the cheese.