MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Very Berry Spinach Salad

1 bag (9 oz) Fresh Express Spinach
1 pint strawberries, sliced
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 handful, chopped macadamia nuts (optional)

Dressing:

¼ cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
2 Tbs. raspberry preserves

Mix dressing and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Toss together with salad and serve. Serves 4

I got this recipe off a spinach bag. I don't have raspberry preserves on hand, I just use strawberry jam. Another thought on the dressing - It is easier to buy a Raspberry Vinaigrette from the store and have it on the side to be put on as the people dish up the salad. I also use almond slices that I have crystallized in sugar instead of the chopped macadamia nuts. If strawberries and kiwi's aren't in season you can make the salad without them.


No comments: