MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Monday, September 22, 2008

Angel Delight


1 angel food cake (home made or store bought)

1 8 oz. tub cool whip
2 lg. pkg. of cooked chocolate pudding

1 sm. chocolate bar.

Tear up angel food cake into bite size chunks and place in a 9” x 13”. Prepare 2 boxes of chocolate cooked pudding as directed on the package. Cool slightly and pour over cake. Refrigerate until cool; cover with cool whip or whipped cream. Garnish with a shaved chocolate bar. (Sugar free cooked pudding and light cool whip may be used for a lower calorie dessert.


This is Roberta Priestley's recipe. I enjoyed this recipe when Roberta's sister, Adelaide Linford, served this at a meeting with the Temple City Ward bishopric. It was so good I could hardly wait to make it! I did make it using instant pudding, and it just wasn't the same as when Adelaide made it. So, I would suggest that you do make this recipe, use the cooked pudding.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

My mom and Adelaide were friends when I was a kid, growing up in the Temple City Ward. I remember my mom making this same thing only with lemon pudding and it was so good we asked her to make it for us many times. I'm going to have to find out if she got the recipe from Sister Linford. Thanks for posting it