MagPad Dinner Table

MagPad Dinner Table

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stuffed Hard Rolls

1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard
3 sticks finely shopped celery
1 finely chopped onion
1 can cream mushroom soup (no water)
1/3 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 dozen hard rolls cut length wise and hollow out the centers

Brown hamburger, celery and onions. Add rest of ingredients including centers from the rolls. Wrap in aluminum foil. Store until ready to use

Warm in covered container in oven.

I got this recipe 30 years ago from my college roommate, Mary Ellen Bench. It is a very labor intensive recipe, but well worth the time because everyone loves them. I use half the salt the recipe calls for. I like to use the Francisco International French Rolls from the store Smart and Final. I will often double the recipe when I make this and put half of the rolls in the freezer for a future meal.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Stuffed hard rolls sounds really good right now ma. i miss your cooking.